Banner Photo Caption

Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Wassick's Tire Service


When I moved here, I knew I was going to need a 4-wheel drive vehicle. This prompted the acquisition of a Subaru Forester (which I've been very happy with). What I didn't know was that I was also going to need studded snow tires -- or so the janitor at work who lives in Petersburgh advised me. So I researched studded snow tires. All the mechanics at Carbone Subaru said to go with Nokian's Hakkapeliitta 5 studded snow tires. Made in Finland. OK, I figured if they're good enough for the tundra in Finland, they gotta be good enough for here. I went to Nokian's website, used their online dealer locater and was pointed to Wassick's Tire Service in Bennington. Off I went to Bennington and had them mounted on the car. Wassick's is in a 1950 vintage garage. They know tires. Mr. Wassick told me that the Hakkapelitta's on my Forester would enable me to climb a cliff. They were a hefty price but, based on a brutal winter's use, he was right. Today I had them removed and enjoyed breakfast at the Blue Benn diner which is right next door to Wassick's -- another unique experience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment