Banner Photo Caption

Rensselaer Plateau Weather

.

Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Rensselaer Plateau Weather Station



Baby, it's cold outside!

I took this screenshot of my Rensselaer Plateau Weather Station's reading at 6:15 a.m. this morning.  Note that the low was -10 degrees at 5:22 a.m. 

I provide a feed to Davis Instruments' webpage set up from my station and to a Wunderground.com webpage set up for for my weather station.

Here's some details on the station, which is located on top of a storage shed on my property on the Taconic Lake. It's powered by solar cells, transmits a signal to a module located in my house which then feeds the signal via a FairPoint Communications' DSL internet link to Davis Instruments in Hayward, California where it is routed into Davis Instruments' server for distribution on the internet via their WeatherLink site.

Latitude: N 42 ° 44 ' 1 '' ( 42.734 ° )
Longitude: W 73 ° 24 ' 53 '' ( -73.415 ° )
MADIS ID: D7536 (NOAA's Meteorological Assimilation Data Ingest System -- which collects the data from member weather stations such as mine which makes it available for use by the National Weather Service and others.)

 Hardware: Davis Instruments Vantage Pro2
Weather Station Software: WeatherLinkIP