Great! I guess a garage moves up a notch on our house "wish list." Meanwhile, I've been hunting down prevention tactics.
I came across this blog entry: How To Keep Animals From Eating Your Car. The strobe light idea sounds logical. I have an emergency strobe light in my car emergency kit that runs off the 12 volt cigarette lighter socket. But do I want a strobe light emanating from the bottom of my car all night? Not really. Googling "the problem," yielded the following potential solutions:
- Moth balls (Too many people said it is not effective)
- Fabric softener sheets ( Sounds too good to be true)
- Wooden frame covered in stretched chicken wire under motor compartment while car is parked. Supposedly the beasts don't like to walk on chicken wire. (Sounds like a lot of work)
- Mouse trap (There'd be a mouse in that trap every morning in my yard)
- Sprinkle red/cayenne pepper throughout the engine compartment (Sounds promising)
- Rataway (Sounds the promising)