Banner Photo Caption

Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Thank You National Grid!


I thanked this National Grid crew just before I snapped this photo of them leaving the scene of the December 21, 2012 "Power Line Massacre."  Good guys.  And, given the number of trees down in the area, one day to restore power isn't too bad.  But I must say, or risk my official cranky old fartdom membership, that the power to those lines should still have been turned off sooner due to the risk of fire. 

Of course, nothing is simple.  There's still a thick line down... pushed off the main road, but crossing the driveways of several folks.  The crew told me it's phone company lines (not our job... ).  So I just got off the phone explaining to the Fairpoint Communications customer service representation "Yes. yes... I still have phone and DSL service, but your line is down waiting for the snow plows to come and rip through it. No, it's not the line leading to my house, like I said it's the MAIN line that is strung between poles and connected to a coupler...."  I think I got through.  We'll see.  If not, you won't be seeing a post tomorrow since this blog is powered by Fairpoint DSL Internet service.  And, yes, this blog may appear to have had its layout altered -- somehow, in this fracas, I must have done something to it, but haven't yet figured out what.

Site of the December 21, 2012 "Power Line Massacre"
(NYS Historical Marker pending)


0 comments:

Post a Comment