Banner Photo Caption

Total Pageviews

Friday, October 10, 2014

Hoo-hah!


On the way back from my recent trip to the Hudson Valley, I stopped at Golden Harvest Farms in Valatie and stocked up on  Honey Crisp apples and apple cider.  Oh... yeah.... and I stopped in their Harvest Spirits Farm Distillery.  I figured it would be interesting to see.  It was.  I partook of the taste test.  I left with a bottle of  Cornelius Apple Jack (named after Cornelius Murray a long-time Golden Harvest Farms Jamaican migrant worker).  Yes mon, just ask Roy Thompson.  As Lieutenant Colonel Frank Slade (Al Pacino) would say: Hoo-hah!! By the way, if you haven't watched Scent of a Woman in a while I strongly recommend you enjoy one of the best films of all time.  Filmed, in part, at Troy's Emma Willard campus.

Click here for the story of how 60 pounds or 1-1/2 bushels of apples and two years of aging is turned into one bottle of Cornelius Apple Jack at Golden Harvest Farms.  Grown, harvested, pressed, fermented, and distilled at Golden Harvest Farms.

Click here to learn how to drink whisky apple jack "like a Sir."  (Click here to order those glasses.)

Click here for apple jack sipping music.

1 comments:

  1. Ah, Scent Of A Woman. My daughter and I were both extras in that one. Lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete