Banner Photo Caption

Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Steve Earle Coming to MASS MoCA

Credit: Steve Earle MASS MoCA Publicity Photo

Saturday, February 7, 8pm
Hunter Center at MASS MoCA
$22 student + advance / $28 day of / $36 preferred  (25% off through Dec. 31)
Click here for details

A trailblazer of alt-country, a protest singer of fiery commitment, a songwriter of towering ability — Steve Earle is an artist of expansive talents. He’s here, a sack full of Grammy Awards and his gravely, impassioned voice in tow, for a solo show 10 days before the release of Terraplane, a new album of swampy, southern stomp blues. (credit: MASS MoCA publicity)

I've always been a big Neil Young and Bob Dylan fan.  In 1986, a good friend, who knew my taste in music, suggested I watch Steve Earle on Austin City Limits, suggesting I'd enjoy his music.  Bingo!  I've been a huge Steve Earle fan since.  While a multi-Grammy Award winner, and a musician's musician, Steve has never hit it as bit as Bob Dylan and Neil Young.  But he should have.  I have over a thousand iTunes on my iPhone, the leader is Bob Dylan with 43, Steve Earle is at 40, and Neil Young has 29.  Yes, Steve's that good.  I've got my tickets (in this age of $100 ticket prices, $36 is a bargain).  I am really looking forward to the drive over the Petersburgh Pass to North Adams on February 7th!

Give him a try, click on some of the YouTube videos of his songs I've linked below.

The Mountain (yes, that's Steve without the mountain man beard!)
Goodbye (with Emmylou Harris)
You're The Best Lover That I Ever Had
Copperhead Road
Galway Girl
Guitar Town
Someday 
I Ain't Ever Satisfied 
Down the Road
Christmas in Washington

0 comments:

Post a Comment