Banner Photo Caption

Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 24, 2015

The Clark

The Clark
Last weekend, I got my periodic fix at The Clark, the amazing Clark museum in Williamstown.  I have to pinch myself every time I go.  I find it hard to believe I live in rural Grafton, NY and yet less than 15 miles from this world class art museum.  I never tire of the Winslow Homers, John Singer Sargents, George Inness's and Frederic Remingtons in the permanent collection.  And the special exhibits are always a joy.

If you haven't been there for a while, give yourself a treat.  And if you're on a tight budget, make it on the first Sunday of the month through May 1st since no admission will be charged.


One of my favorites: A Street in Venice - John Singer Sargent



Friends or Foes? - Frederic Remington



Autumn in Montclair - George Inness



Undertow - Winslow Homer



View from the inside of the new Clark Center, designed by Tadao Ando Architects & Associates.



0 comments:

Post a Comment