Banner Photo Caption

Total Pageviews

Monday, February 27, 2017

Walloomsac Taproom & Brewery

Walloomsac Taproom & Brewery
Off a winding, dirt road adjacent to the Walloomsac River in Hoosick Falls, on 50 Factory Hill Road, sits Brown's Brewing Company's Walloomsac Taproom and Brewery.  The parking lot is large, but I recommend old shoes as it was very muddy the day I paid my visit. The brick building had formerly been a paper mill and valve company.  The taproom has been nicely refurbished, retaining large windows looking out on the river.

While first and foremost a microbrewery, with some very creative brews, the authentic mill-on-the-creek experience and quite good pub food make the trip mandatory if you're in the area. I chose the six beer flight with the 2015 Old Ale being the clear winner and worthy of a glass on its own. Honorable mention went to the Whiskey Porter. My Tiashoke Farm Wood Fire Grilled Hamburger was tasty as were the hand-cut fries served with it. I rate the burger and fries 3 stars and the beer 4 stars (5 star being highest)


View across the bar into the brewery


0 comments:

Post a Comment